The Parking Industry Exhibition 2014 will return to its home at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare adjacent to Chicago’s International Airport and across the street from the Stephens Convention Center which housed the event this year.
Although the event was a great success we decided to move back for a number of reasons.
1. PIE 2012 seemed crowded at the Hyatt because we didn’t have access to the hotel’s grand ballroom. IN 2014 and for the next two, we have reserved 21000 square feet of carpeted 23 foot ceiling floor space for PIE. So we will have the same amount of space in the same shape as 2013.
2. With all events in the hotel, it will be much easier for attendees to network. Seminars will be a short escalator ride away, restaurants and bars are inside the building, and there will be no need to walk ten minutes to get from seminars, exhibits, and your hotel room.
3. The hotel has many different sizes of meeting, seminar, and lecture halls that more closely meet the needs of PIE’s educational component.
4. The grand ballroom is located adjacent to the loading docks so vendor personnel can easily bring their exhibit equipment into the hall. For those with hand carry ‘drop off’ its less than 75 feet from the curb to the exhibit hall entrance.
4. The entire exhibit hall is carpeted so there will be no expense for exhibitors for carpeting (not a small amount).
5. The foyer area outside the exhibit hall is conducive to receptions and networking events.
The goal of PIE is to put people who want information about parking together with people who have that information. By having all activity in the same building with the hotel rooms, it means that more time is available to everyone for that informal and formal networking activity.
See you at the Hyatt March 16-19, 2014.