PortfolioFirst Parking Solutions, the world’s leading parking/transportation asset management and advisory firm, is seeking seasoned parking executives who are ready to expand their experience beyond traditional operational services and systems. Are you ready to match your talents with an organization that ethically aligns its interests with those of the client? If so, the ideal candidates will find unlimited opportunity to create value and work with like-minded service providers to deliver superior service levels to our clients.
The duties for the Parking/Transportation Advisor will include P&L/budget and contract analysis, strategic planning, recommendation of technology-based solutions to improve financial performance and level of service, asset management of client portfolios, and establishing best practices. Qualified candidates will have experience in analyzing and developing parking and transportation plans, and be able to communicate those plans effectively to internal team members and clients both verbally and in written format.
Successful candidates will be top-tier parking professionals with relevant experience in operations and/or consulting with competencies that include Word, Excel and PowerPoint. We are looking for motivated team members who demonstrate unique creative ability and problem-solving skills. The position will require travel and the geographic location is flexible.
PortfolioFirst offers very competitive compensation and benefit programs including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation and personal leave, and a 401(k) plan with employer contributions.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a letter of interest, resume and desired salary to: Jeff Gemunder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walker Parking Consultants, the premiere parking planner, parking designer, and restoration consultant, has an opening for a consultant in its Consulting Resources Group. The consultant will specialize in car park management systems (CPMS) solutions; such as parking access and revenue control systems (PARCS), automated parking guidance systems (APGS), on-street parking systems, etc. Industry experience is required.
Qualified candidates will have superior problem solving skills with the proven ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously, the ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally with decision-makers at all levels in an organization, be highly resourceful and self-directed, and enjoy working in an environment that offers the freedom and autonomy to develop and implement best practices. Strong time management skills, proven leadership abilities, self initiation, and reliance are essential skills to be successful in this position. A strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word is required. Qualified candidates will possess a bachelor degree, preferably in a technical field. A basic understanding of Autocad, technical writing, and budget preparation is also required. This position requires travel. Location is flexible.
The consultant’s time would be spent preparing car park management systems studies, plans, and specifications. The consultant is a specialist responsible for marketing, selling, executing, and managing parking system design services. Primary duties of the position include the following:
• Market and promote consulting and design services to new and existing clients;
• Meet with prospective clients to assess needs and opportunities;
• Prepare proposals for services and secure sale of services;
• Perform cost versus benefit analyses for the supply and installation of parking system technologies;
• Prepare reports and presentations for clients outlining recommendations;
• Write and issue technical specifications and plans for procurement of parking system on behalf of the client;
• Perform project management on behalf of the client for parking system implementation; and
• Research parking system and transportation technologies currently on the market and being developed.
Walker Parking Consultants offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including a salary; medical and life insurance; dental and vision plans; paid vacation and holidays; profit sharing; 401 (k); possible future stock ownership in the firm; and the opportunity to work alongside industry-leading professionals, all looking to create a firm without limits to creativity and professional growth. If you have a commitment to excellence and an interest in a wide variety of project opportunities please apply online today at www.walkerparking.com/careers!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Q- Free/TCS, the market leader in Parking Guidance Systems, (PGS) is expanding and looking for sales executives in a number of geographic regions. Our products include industry leading designs and also ATMS solutions for the ITS marketplace.
If you have ITS experience or other related skill sets, we want to hear from you!
Our compensation programs are among the industries best with excellent incentives.
Please forward your resume to:
Greg Parzych, CEO
Q-Free / TCS
55 Union Avenue
Sudbury, MA 01776
City of Beverly Hills
Department of Human Resources
455 N. Rexford Drive, 3rd Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
SALARY: $61,411.56 - $76,076.76 Annually
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSTION OF: Parking Supervisor
Supervision of senior parking attendants and part-time attendants; will oversee and participate in day-to-day operations of City-owned parking facilities; general accounting; perform statistical analysis; install programs and retrieve computer data; and interface with the public.
• Under the direction of the Parking Operations Manager, trains, schedules, and monitors Senior Parking Attendants and parking attendant staff.
• Reviews all parking facilities for safety and operational efficiency.
• Oversees collection of money from parking facilities, cash counting through deposits. Verifies daily audit procedures.
• Trains Senior Parking Attendants and attendant staff on expected high level of public relations.
• Resolves customer concerns and complaints.
• Provides information to the public.
• Represents the City in meetings with outside agencies and acts as liaison with other City departments as assigned by the Parking Operations Manager.
• Responds to discrepancies involving part-time parking attendants and customers such as customers not wanting to pay, promise to pay lost tickets, deactivated monthly parking cards, etc.
• Assists and makes recommendations in the preparation and administration of the Parking Operations Division annual budget program.
• Represents the City in meetings with outside agencies and acts as liaison with other City departments.
• Inspects and maintains all parking operations equipment at all facilities and coordinates replacements or repairs as appropriate.
• Monitors and participates in the regular inspection and maintenance of all parking access control equipment and reports any damage and/or malfunctioning components.
• Patrols all facilities.
• Continuously reviews parking operation revenue control integrity.
• Maintains daily log for significant events.
• Oversees the day-to-day operation of the contractors and making sure they meet the terms of the contract and follow-up that City departments complete service requests that are submitted.
• Ensures that statistical records are maintained current and interpret and analyze data for presentation to Parking Operations Manager.
• Prepares and maintains payroll records for parking operations division.
• Performs basic cashiering transactions.
• Performs general accounting and office responsibilities.
• Reports any unusual changes in revenue or operational trends to the Parking Operations Manager.
• Performs on-site audits of cashier.
• Reviews facility and cashier reports for content, accuracy, and reconciliation.
• Assists Parking Operations Manager with the scheduling of special event staffing and preparation of operational plan.
• Supervises operations and maintains Parking Validation Program.
• Performs general data entry.
• Reads, reviews, and sends electronic mail (e-mail) messages.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent and four years’ experience as a supervisor.
• Possession of a valid California driver's license.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 6, 2014 @ 5PM (PDT)
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must complete a City application along with any required supplemental applications by the filing deadline.
The City of Beverly Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
Founded over 20 years ago and committed to service excellence, our high-growth client is a Parking Lot Management Company that is seeking an experienced and dynamic candidate for the full-time position of General Manger at their Baltimore, Maryland site location.
The Business Development/General Manager serves as right hand to President of the company and supports new Business ventures, responding to Request for Proposals and providing presentations for potential new clients. The ideal candidate will also oversee the operations of multiple parking lot locations, manage all employees within the locations and coordinate functional activities of the employees. Additionally the Business Development/General Manager will evaluate and monitor operational and administrative processes of facility operators and determines standards.
• Evaluate RFPs, and participate in proposal development.
• Conducts business development activities.
• Manages up to 80 employees located at multiple parking lot locations in Baltimore, MD.
• Oversees all parking lot locations.
• Coordinates monthly management meetings with facility operators.
• Evaluates and monitors operational and administrative processes of facility operators and determines standards.
• Conducts site inspections for safety of customers and equipment, if any.
• Identifies and recommends solutions for repairs, cleaning, maintenance, and capital improvements. Reviews and approves recommendations from operators for parking equipment, signage, lighting, etc. in order to enhance operations.
• Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations. Works cooperatively and jointly to provide quality and seamless customer service.
• Conducts audits, field surveys, organizes information and analyzes data to suggest improvements to parking garages.
• Receives and resolves complaints and problems from the general public. Monitors and evaluates monthly revenue of parking facilities. Collaborates with senior management on rate surveys and implementation of proposed rate studies. Coordinates and determines timely rate changes and communication to the public and monthly cardholders.
• Participates in procurement activities of the parking facilities.
• Provides on-going training and leadership to operational staff.
• Bachelor's Degree in business management or related field.
• A minimum of 6 years of experience within a management capacity.
• Procedural, organizational and operational analysis related to parking management is required.
• Parking management experience of multiple locations is required. **
• Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and general Microsoft Office Applications
• Strong sales and management skills.
• Strong business background and track record in parking arena.
• Relentless, energetic and passionate, an absolute go-getter, thrives under pressure and a fast paced environment.
• Parking management experience of multiple locations is required.
• Good understanding of the business development in commercial parking industry and proposal development and writing.
• Ability to develop new business opportunities and close sales with existing and/or new clients.
• Entrepreneurial mindset and proven ability to identify new opportunities to create value and implementing out of the box solutions in practice outstanding communication and interpersonal skills ability to effectively work across boundaries.
• Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
• Strong customer service skills and abilities
• Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers
• Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Give up Attitude).
• Ability to train, mentor and develop personnel.
• Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions
• Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and multi-task
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
• Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness
Our client offers competitive compensation and a generous employee benefits package.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Parking Department maintains approximately 15,000 parking spaces in five parking structures and over 140 surface parking facilities. The department is committed to excellence in customer service in meeting the varied parking needs of the faculty, staff, students and visitors of the University campus. Services provided by the department include permit sales, cash key sales, pay-by-phone short-term parking, conferences and special event parking.
Position Functions and Major Responsibilities:
• Responsible for planning, directing, developing and coordinating the overall construction and renovation activities of the Parking Department and its various facilities. Serve as the coordinator of capital related planning and construction issues and is a liaison to other campus departments and administrative units. Responsible for the development and management of the budget for capital development and facility maintenance. Assist in the planning and oversight of the operational activities of the unit including the development and implementation of unit policies, procedures, and long-term planning.
• Principally responsible for the oversight and management of all renovation and capital project construction within the Parking Department. Serve as liaison between the Parking Department and University Legal Counsel, Project Planning and Facility Management, Facilities & Services, the Office of Capital Programs, the Office of Business Affairs, Purchasing, and various outside architects, engineering contractors, and subcontractors.
• Design and maintain drawings and specifications of all parking facilities which requires site surveying, site inventory, maintenance assessment, and modification planning. Prepare studies, drawings, estimates, construction documents, and contract documents for parking facility construction, maintenance, and renovation. This may include site engineering, lighting design, signage, and/or landscape design and will require field inspection work.
• Work with Real Estate Planning and Services to assess and plan property and real estate related projects. Develop long range real estate planning for parking related capital development.
• Prepare budgets that reflect informed projections on costs related to construction and renovation of parking facilities.
• Develop assessments of reimbursement costs associated with the removal of parking facilities by other campus departments and negotiate disputed reimbursement costs when needed.
• Serve as a representative of The Parking Department at various meetings throughout the campus as assigned or requested by the Director of Parking.
• Make recommendations to the Director regarding revision of policy, procedures, and regulations as it relates to departmental activities.
• Consult with and advise F&S personnel in regards to outside vendors on matters pertaining to lighting, drainage, and landscape maintenance and improvements. Serve as liaison with departments' campus wide in finding solutions to problems concerning lot placement, maintenance, construction and repair.
• Oversee the production of the general parking map and related way-finding graphics associated with parking facilities.
• Maintain historical data related to all parking matters including, principles of campus development and the current objectives of the campus and parking master plans.
• Conduct research into parking lot construction and equipment technology. Evaluate new construction and facility operation methods and introduce appropriate new methods and sustainable materials whenever possible to advance and improve facilities.
• Lead, manage, and supervise the daily operation of the Parking department. Alongside the Director of Parking develop and manage the direction, activities, and staff operations of the Parking department.
• Serve as the designee for the Director of parking in their absence.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or other related field. Master's degree referred. 5-7 years of progressive experience in a similarly complex organization or related field experience. Experience in financial/budgetary matters. Experience in parking or transportation related master planning.
Appointment Status: This is a 12-month, full-time academic professional position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Proposed Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Application Deadline: September 12, 2014
Application Procedures: All candidates must complete an online application at jobs.illinois.edu prior to the application deadline for full consideration. Qualified candidates must upload a letter of application, resume, and contact information (name, address, telephone number, and email address) for three current professional references. Official transcripts will be required for all finalists. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For additional information regarding the application procedures, please contact:
Staff Development and Human Resources
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu)
Additionally, this position is security sensitive. All finalists for this position will require a background check and final offers will be contingent upon the results of the background checks. The university ensures that all background checks are held in compliance with all federal and state statutes, and campus policy. Information attained from background check will be kept strictly confidential. Finalists will have the right to request a copy of the report the University receives.
O&S Associates, Inc. is a national parking design, restoration and consulting firm with offices in New York, New Jersey, Chicago, Columbus, Ohio, Washington DC, and Philadelphia. Our well-established and growing organization specializes in the field of parking, transportation and full building envelope restoration projects. Based on the continued growth of our firm, we are seeking a licensed architect to head-up our architectural design division. The successful candidate will manage numerous projects at a time, have extensive client interaction, and be exposed to every aspect of the project. Based on this position, we are seeking a candidate that also maintains superior client relations, presentation and writing skills to continue to build this division. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
Preferred candidate will have a minimum of 10-years of experience designing stand alone and mixed-use parking structures. This candidate must also possess strong design, graphic, presentation, and communication skills in addition to practical construction material and sequencing knowledge and the ability to produce CAD construction documents. The ideal candidate will also have a proven record of production team management as well as MEP designers, contractor, subcontractor coordination and client management skills. Although not necessary, Revit experience is a plus.
Candidate must have AutoCAD and MS Office (MSWord, Excel, MSPowerpoint) knowledge. A BA/BS with 10-years of experience is required. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Position will be based in any or our office locations.
Salary & Benefits
Our firm offers an attractive salary and benefits package including bonus program, profit sharing, vacation, health insurance and 401-K. Salary is commensurate with experience and industry recognition. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Contact Brian Bartholomew at email@example.com in strict confidence.For more information, please visit: http://www.oandsassociates.com
LOOKING FOR AN EMPLOYEE?
Dynamic and accomplished senior-level Manager with extensive hands-on experience in operations, management, business leadership and financial analysis. Possess superior skills in gathering, analyzing and evaluating financial data and presenting actionable recommendations to senior leadership. Strategic planner and results oriented leader with keen ability to formulate and implement unique tactical business plans in a progressive environment where business priorities are constantly evolving. Forward thinking and motivational team leader: promoting industry leadership and influence through associate involvement and instruction. Exceptional interpersonal skills, engaging rapport builder; effective in building positive working relationship, at all levels, based on accessibility, responsiveness, professionalism and trust. Shrewd analyst and determined problem solver with an eye for detail, strong quantitative skills and extensive process knowledge.