Sales professional to run the national and international sales operations of a 40 year veteran PARCS manufacturer.
Send resume in confidence to:
Parking Today Media
5777 W Century Blvd, Suite 650
Los Angeles, Ca 90066.
Or email to email@example.com
CITY OF OCEANSIDE
Human Resources Department
300 North Coast Highway
City Hall South, Second Floor
Oceanside, CA 92054
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF: Parking Enforcement Officer I
An Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY: $1,468.15 - $1,964.77 Biweekly
$3,181.00 - $4,257.00 Monthly
$38,172.00 - $51,084.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 12/07/18
CLOSING DATE: 01/04/19 04:00 PM
INTRODUCTION: THE CITY OF OCEANSIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
The City of Oceanside is accepting applications for the position of Parking Enforcement Officer I. There is currently one vacancy in the Public Works department.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The Parking Enforcement Officer I issues citations for parking meter and permit parking violations, parking in restricted time zones, handicapped parking violations and vehicles parked in an unsafe manner, such as blocking driveways, fire lanes or double-parking; marks vehicles parked in time zones; cites vehicles exceeding time limits; collects money from meters; performs maintenance on and makes minor repairs to parking meters, pay parking machines, and change machines and reports inoperative and broken meters and equipment; responds to citizen complaints concerning abandoned or public nuisance vehicles; locates abandoned vehicles and identifies registered and legal owners; contacts owners in-person or by phone to notify them of violation and explains rules and procedures; arranges for towing of vehicles; maintains a log of activities and case files; interprets and explains parking rules and regulations; prepares brief reports of incidents; makes court appearances; follows street sweeper and issues citations; performs minor tree trimming duties; answers telephones; maintains effective public relations with merchants and the general public; provides directions and information to the public; and performs related duties as assigned.
This position may require working evening, weekend and holiday hours.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/oceansideca/default.cfm?action=jobbulletin&JobID=2287875
Operational characteristics of parking enforcement equipment and tools.
Principles and techniques of customer service and public relations.
Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public.
Maintain courtesy and tact in stressful or emergency situations.
Learn standard operational procedures and traffic codes.
Learn to use and operate motorized vehicles and equipment relative to parking enforcement.
Learn to service and repair meters, pay parking machines and change machines.
Learn to interpret, explain and enforce parking regulations, laws and ordinances.
Learn City geography and landmark locations.
Learn pertinent local laws, codes and regulations.
Learn to conduct complex investigations and researches.
Prepare clear and concise reports.
Maintain accurate records and files.
Work independently in the absence of supervision.
Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
Experience: Some parking enforcement experience is desirable.
Training: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
License: Possession of an appropriate, valid driver license.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Environmental Conditions: Field environment; travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, smoke, fumes, gases and inclement weather; extensive public contact.
Physical Conditions: Essential functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, walking, and standing for prolonged periods of time; bending and stooping; speaking and hearing to exchange information; moderate to heavy lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds; repeatedly entering and exiting a vehicle over a prolonged period; operating motorized vehicles.
Selection Process: All properly completed applications and supplemental questionnaires will be reviewed, and the most appropriately qualified
individuals will be invited to continue in the selection process. The process may include a written examination and/or an oral interview to assess job- related experience and skills. Candidates who successfully complete the selection process will be placed on an eligibility list and will remain eligible for employment consideration for a minimum of six months.
Note: Prospective employees will undergo, and must successfully pass, a police background reference check which includes a polygraph test, fingerprinting and a pre-employment medical examination. A drug screening may be required.
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS BUT MAY BE ATTACHED.
CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IN THE SELECTING PROCESS SHOULD STATE THEIR NEEDS IN WRITING WHEN SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION.
THE PROVISIONS OF THIS BULLETIN DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT. ANY PROVISION CONTAINED IN THIS BULLETIN MAY BE MODIFIED OR REVOKED WITHOUT NOTICE.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us
City of Oceanside
Human Resources Department
300 North Coast Highway, City Hall South
Oceanside, CA 92054
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Interstate Parking Company (www.interstateparking.com) is the fastest growing parking management company in the upper Midwest with approximately 175 locations throughout its Colorado, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Indiana markets. The company provides full service development, acquisition, leasing and third party management of parking assets within the CBD office, event venue, airport and hospitality sectors by leveraging cutting edge state of the art technologies and a unique marketing approach.
The role of Vice President of Business Development includes the development and deployment of a measurable business strategy, sales and marketing plan to open, grow and manage new markets. This senior management position will be directly responsible for generating new business and client relationships and build a regional team to support continued growth. The position requires business development experience and relationships within the candidate’s target markets. Other related experience could include business development roles or relationships within airport, hospitality, colleges/universities and stadiums/arenas as our company provides parking management services to these industry sectors.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Direct outreach, including “cold calling” to create sales opportunities that lead to new contracts for our company
- Generate high quality written proposals and presentations for new business leads and in response to RFP’s
- Generate Xcel based financial pro forma’s to underwrite new business opportunities
- Identify business and market trends and opportunities in markets, including recommendation of short and long-term plans, coupled with penetration strategies
- Develop and lead regional management team to support continued growth in target markets
- Assist the executive team and local operations management staff in the retention of existing clients and assisting in the re-bid process.
- Taking timely action to meet or exceed client/customer requirements prior to contract execution and thereafter in a manner to compliment the operational support staff, and accounting to insure client/customer satisfaction through transitions.
The successful candidate will:
- Thrive in entrepreneurial culture within a family-business environment with desire to build and operate your own business.
- Possess positive social networking, relationship building, planning, interpersonal communication, administrative, and market research skills.
- Proficient in professional business writing, and related software programs such as Microsoft Word and Powerpoint, and formatting proposals including graphics and illustrations for a first class presentation
- Be self-motivated, comfortable at cold calling for lead generation, possess refined interpersonal skills, and be capable of developing professional business relationships.
- Possess a network of related business contacts.
- Demonstrate a proven track record in evaluating business opportunities, and securing new business.
- Have experience utilizing/managing a sales CRM system.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum educational requirement
- Excellent verbal and oral communication presentation skills
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations in front of groups of prospects, clients, and peers.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, CRM programs and Prezi or equivalent
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel approximately 50% and as needed, including overnight trips.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org