ANNOUNCEMENT - SERVICES
LOCATION: Lexington, Kentucky
HIRING ORGANIZATION: The Lexington & Fayette County Parking Authority (LPA)
REPORTS TO: The LPA Board of Commissioners (Most frequently the Chair)
CONTACT US: email@example.com
The Lexington & Fayette County Parking Authority (LPA), located in Lexington, Kentucky is seeking a highly motivated individual with professional parking management experience and excellent communication skills to serve as its Executive Director.
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative support to the LPA Board.
- Performs administrative, professional, and managerial work involving planning, organizing, and managing the operation of a municipal parking system, which includes parking garages, "on- street" parking meters, and parking enforcement activities. Directs the implementation and oversight of a residential parking permit program.
- Hires, directs, supervises, and maintains the employees and activities of the Parking Authority and directs the training and career development programs for professional and technical staff. As well as oversight of parking management contractors and vendors.
- Responsible for financial management, reporting and evaluation of all LPA parking operations. Prepares annual budget of operating revenues, expenditures, and capital requirements to meet the LPA Board's goals and objectives.
- Directs the installation, lease, construction, maintenance, management, operation, repair, acquisition, ownership, finance, and control of new and existing parking facilities as well as "on- street" parking operations.
- Represents the Parking Authority to the general public and other governmental or community agencies to coordinate, advise, discuss and improve parking programs and services. In addition responsible for working extensively in the coordination of parking operations and efforts with the downtown business community to promote economic development.
- And other related duties.
Minimum Requirements: Completion of a Master's degree in Business or Public Administration, Public Relations, Transportation, or a closely related field and six (6) years of progressively responsible professional management or supervisory experience in parking operations management; or a Bachelor's degree in Business or Public Administration, Public Relations, Transportation, or a closely related field and eight (8) years of progressively responsible professional management or supervisory experience in parking operations management; or equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Certified Administrator of Public Parking (CAPP) designation preferred.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
The Lexington & Fayette County Parking Authority offers an outstanding benefits package (401k (10% match), medical, dental, vision, and life insurance) and a lucrative leave package (three weeks’ vacation and three weeks sick leave per year).
Please contact The Lexington & Fayette County Parking Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: Product Support
Location: Seattle, WA
Click here for more information
Company: IPS Group, Inc. is a design, engineering and manufacturing company focused on low power wireless telecommunications and parking technologies. IPS manufactures its products locally and has been delivering world-class solutions to the telecommunications and parking industries for over 22 years. IPS innovations have transformed smart parking operations launching a new era of curb management.
Job Description: This is a customer facing position and requires strong, professional communication and presentation skills along with a commitment to service excellence. The role oversees the local organization's activities relating to post-sales technical field support including software, hardware, data management systems and telecommunications. The Technical/Service Operations Specialist provides senior level support for customer service, maintenance, repair, testing, configuration, and installation of these products to clients located across the Pacific Northwest with specific focus on the City of Seattle and related entities.
This role is called upon to provide technical support to City staff for escalated and/or critical technical support issues in the case of major customers and be the primary technical resource for other smaller clients. In addition, this role will assist in managing software/firmware releases deployed in the field and act as liaison between engineering, customer service and the client. Also logistic, warehouse
and repair functions at the IPS facility are included within this role.
This role also has responsibility for administering the contracts and billing for the City of Seattle and assuring the deliverables are met while maintaining a profitable service delivery system. Various warehouse and facility functions are also part of this role. Typically, this role does not manage any people although there can be a need for temporary help as work requirements dictate.
Minimal ability to travel is required and may consist of up to 10 percent travel based on the workload
for other IPS customers. Travel is typically scheduled during the work week although there may be
rare instances where site visits are required during the weekend.
- Customer Relationships
- Product/Solutions Support
- Project Implementation
- Contract Administration
- Logistics Administration
- Technical Support
- Customer Service/Communication Skills: Technical/Service Operations Specialists talk, listen, plan, and help resolve conflicts with customers. An expert communicator will be able to listen
effectively to find the root cause of issues and communicate clearly and in a friendly way solve the issue and keep the customer happy. If you are communicating over email or live chat, you will need to be able to write well, with correct grammar.
- Proactive: People in this position anticipate issues with products or services involved with their area of involvement and take actions to mitigate problems before they arise or cause major issues.
- Patience: Technical/Service Operations Specialists may have to deal with confused or irate customers. Having patience will help you stay polite, even in stressful situations.
- Problem-Solving Skills: You will have to solve customer issues, sometimes without seeing the actual problem firsthand. Being able to problem solve with a customer will help your job
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with business professionals
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Strong customer orientation and ability to build relationships
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability in developing and maintaining effective internal and external relationships
- ffective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to use basic computer skills to perform diagnostic testing
- Available for stand-by and after-hours responsibility
- Ability to continually learn new product service techniques
- AA degree or bachelor’s degree required
- Hardware troubleshooting background
- Customer service background
- Technical Electronic/Mechanical Support
- Responsive and Professional
- Customer service ticketing systems
- Highly Detailed, Self-Directed
- Manage resources in a Matrix management environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to company values
- Computer proficiency/ Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to analyze data to determine fact-based root causes to find lasting solutions
Highly Desired Skills and Experience
- Municipal and/or private parking management experience
- Technical Field Support Management
- Contract Management
- Public Sector Contract
- Software troubleshooting background
- Above average skills in Excel and or database queries for analysis
- Position Responsibilities:
- Set and Manage Customer Service Expectation
- Act as the Project Manager for a major client, several new clients or existing clients, including coordination of training, support, on-site installation or support staff
- Manage Costs & Profitability of Contracts
- Manage Parts and Logistics functions for assigned office(s)
- Administer Performance Metrics of Contracts are obtained/exceeded.
- Manage all IPS facilities and associated services/billings.
- Communicate with clients in resolving open service issues and provide technical support.
- Serve as liaison between Customer, IPS Support and IPS Engineering.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software issues related to IPS Group Inc. designed and supported products.
- Supervise Installation and configuration of new equipment, including operating software or peripheral equipment.
- To be subject matter expert on specific products in order to provide high level guidance on resolving technical service issues to customer maintenance staff.
- After hours on call for supporting technicians as needed.
- Provide technical support to users or clients regarding the maintenance, development, or operation of the data management system, equipment, or applications.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Ensure the timely delivery of upgrades, maintenance, and repairs for clients.
- Advise/train customers concerning equipment operation, maintenance, or client specific configuration.
- Travel to customer locations or offices to install IPS product and/or to provide emergency repair service as necessary.
- Repair, adjust or replace electrical mechanism, components, or parts.
- Analyze equipment performance records to assess equipment functioning.
- Escalate open issues to engineering.
- Ensure that open service tickets are attended to in a timely manner and keep the client up to date on the status of their particular open service issue.
- Document and provide timely feedback to the company regarding customer concerns.
- Proactively analyze data and contact existing customers to ensure strong ongoing relationships and professional responsiveness to any customer needs.
- Interaction with IPS manufacturing to answer any questions related to new orders and warranty repairs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Physical Demands, Equipment and Machinery
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential Manipulation of hand tools and power tools to repair, adjust, install, or replace electrical or mechanical components or parts. Must be able to see clearly. Must be able to bend, stoop, walk, stand, push and pull. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Performing work on a desktop or laptop computer requiring manual dexterity to operate keyboards, fax machines, calculators, photocopying equipment, cell phone and multi-line phone.
- Work Environment
- The work environment described here is representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position is in an office. The environment is clean and typically free from dust and hazardous materials. This indoor environment is temperature controlled. Sometimes this job is performed in an uncontrolled environment subject to wind, rain, snow, ice, and other inclement weather conditions. Occasional travel may be required.
Note: The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this classification. Nothing in the job description restricts IPS Group, Inc. from the right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment as this is an "AT-Will" employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of IPS Group, Inc. not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
An Equal Opportunity Employer-M/F/D/V
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Salary Range - $70k - $90k/annually
The Norfolk Airport Authority is currently accepting application forms for Parking Attendant I.
Visit www.norfolkairport.com/employment for details.