$51,447.00 - 65,595.00
This position is a customer-focused, high energy management position, which manages the operation through effective leadership, budget management, superior customer service, human resource management and strong partnerships; supervises, plans and directs the City’s parking operations and programs; and performs other professional, supervisory, and administrative work as required. The incumbent organizes, plans and implements programs within major organizational policies, reporting program progress to executive level administration through reports and conferences.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises the department staff to include coaching/developing, monitoring performance, delegating, and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations, City policies and procedures and standards of quality and safety;
- Participates in the implementation of new policies, programs, and system technology to meet operational objectives;
- Supervises subordinate supervisory and support staff. Supervisory duties include scheduling personnel, instructing; assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; selecting new employees; allocating personnel; acting on employee problems; approving employee discipline and discharge;
- Reviews the work of subordinates for completeness and accuracy; evaluates and makes recommendations as appropriate; offers advice and assistance as needed;
- Provides for adequate staff training and development opportunities;
- Provides guidance and expertise to the supervisor, City Manager, Assistant City Manager and members of City Council in areas of responsibility;
- Maximizes profitability through facility marketing, cash control procedures, expense reviews and revenue development;
- Negotiates and monitors contracts, and ensures all accounts payable are processed in a timely manner;
- Develops and implements department policies and procedures; develops and recommends ordinances related to City parking functions;
- Manages on-going, daily parking operations;
- Coordinates special projects as assigned;
- Prepares a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision-making purposes and as required by the City;
- Coordinates division activities and functions with those of other City divisions, departments and outside agencies as appropriate;
- Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns, complaints and requests for assistance regarding areas of responsibility;
- Performs general administrative / clerical work as required, including but not limited to preparing reports and correspondence, copying and filing documents, entering and retrieving computer data, attending and conducting meetings, etc.;
- Attends meetings, workshops, conferences, etc., as appropriate to maintain knowledge of current legislation, trends and technology in assigned areas of responsibility; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or GED;
- Five (5) years of relevant prior experience;
- Valid South Carolina Class “D” Driver’s License;
- Customer service certificate.
The work is considered sedentary in nature and involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis or routine keyboard operations.